Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Testing. Testing. Are these Allergies on?

The day finally arrived!
The day we will finally know all the answers to the questions of what is wrong with Cooper!
Seems like a lot of pressure to put on one tiny appointment. Doesn't it?

Serves us right.
We learned some things, but now there is a whole lot more we have questions about..

Here is what the day consisted of and what we learned.
We saw the allergist.
They did an Allergy skin test on Cooper's little back.
They tested 24 things, 2 of which were just baselines to follow so only 22 different allergens.

I'm sure you are wondering at this point which of those allergens he had a reaction to.
Well, let me tell you.


Whole egg.

Cow milk.

Wheat.

Soy.

Oat.

Corn.

Cashew.

Fish mix.

Tree mix A (Tree).

Weed mix B (Weeds).

Summer grass mix (grass).

Dogs (environment).



For those of you counting, That is 12 allergens of which he had a reaction, of 22 tested...

"What could possibly be left?"  you may ask

3 other nut variations, Shellfish, mold, dust mite,
and the opposites of the final four he tested positive to: Tree mix B, Weed mix A, Winter grass mix, and Cats.

So basically he has a reaction to half of the environment, as well as, three quarters of foods.
Lovely.

Now to be 100% certain, we did a blood test and we will see if the skin tests and the blood tests produce the same allergens. We will get those results and do a follow up in three weeks. From there we will remove those items from his diet/environment on a trial and error basis. (HAHA if we could even introduce those items to his diet we would have been happy).

Basically, my son will forever live in a bubble.
He is a real life bubble boy.



Did I mention what spending 4 hours at a Doctors office and a blood test lab with a 1 1/2 year old looks like?
No?
Well, enjoy.


Nothing to see here. 

Just kidding! I'm what you see here!


Crying on the floor

Just kidding! I'm happy now!

I didn't say you could be happy.

"Hey mama! Wanna see my tongue?"

"OK now I want snacks"

Running it is.


Peek a boo

Where are you?

The initial grid test. Red dots are marker to show Doctor the middle between allergens

"Whatcha doin' ma?"

Allergens starting to show, If you look closely you can see a lot of raised bumps



Peek a boo. Like a boss.




Mother, I am not amused. I just had blood drawn. Let me be.

Who am I kidding? I'm always amused!




4 comments:

  1. At least you got some answers. He is still happy, cute, and your pride and joy. I can't imagine everything you go through. You are Super Woman and admire your strength. Thank you for keeping us up to date. I love you and Poopster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us all informed Jessie. All of you hang in there.

    ReplyDelete