Sunday, September 21, 2014

Mom moment

Today I am having quite a few "mom moments".
I call it that because I think all moms get them every once in a while.
Or at least I am hoping they do,
Otherwise this makes me a weirdo.

Tonight as I sat with my little man, who is now closer to two than he is one, I became sad.
I am cuddled up with this tiny little being who fits perfectly wrapped in my arms.
We are watching the Lion King and he just cuddles with me as he watches.
Then he readjusts and comes and sits on my belly as I am laying down, with his back against the couch cushion.
He has his plush Toy Story toy Woody with him and he is content again.
I can't focus on the movie.
All I can pay attention to is Cooper.
He is so loving and cuddly.
And it made me realize, he isn't going to be this tiny little boy forever.
In fact, he probably won't be like this for too much longer.
And that makes me incredibly sad.
In no time he is going to be forming sentences.
He is going to know more words and actually have conversations instead of just babbling incoherently.
He is going to want to sit by himself instead of cuddle with me.
I know it is apart of growing up, but it is kind of heartbreaking.
Im sitting there with my little man and I just am taking it all in.
The moments when he allows me to snuggle him for long periods of time, I jump at.
The laundry, or the dishes, or dinner can wait.
Having these moments will stay with me forever.

Before we got too involved in the movie I had to make sure Cooper had his bath so we went upstairs.
When we came down, I went in to switch the wash into the dryer and I hear, "Peas, rarr"
I look out and he has the remote and he is asking me please and growling like a lion. 
He wanted the movie back on.

As we watch the movie, I get up and give him his bottle.
When he finishes,  I tell him it's time for bed.
I tell him, " Grab Woody! It's bedtime baby."
He jumps up and grabs Woody and runs to the stairs.
Most nights I also tell him to give Daddy hugs and kisses.
He runs back towards the couch so he can blow kisses to Daddy. Then he usually runs up and gives big hugs and will give him a kiss.
Tonight, Jeff wasn't home when I was putting him to bed, so we had to skip this step.
But as we were walking towards the stairs, Cooper started blowing kisses to the dogs and tried giving them hugs and kisses but they were a little too fast and scared so they ran away. (We are dog sitting for my parents).
So even though Daddy wasn't here he still had to give his kisses. :)

We walk up the stairs and he says a variation of "climb" as he goes up each step.
I tell him, "let's go get pajamas" so he runs to his room.
I put on one of my favorite pairs.
They are light blue with little bears on them.
I then tell him to go brush his teeth.
He picks up Woody and runs to the bathroom down the hall. 
Another "mom moment"
Watching him run in his little baby pajamas to brush his teeth.
Soon it will take him 2 seconds to get from his room to the bathroom, instead of the 6 it takes him now.

When we get in there he is brushing his teeth and giggling.
When he is finished I tell him to  go to his bedroom because it is bedtime.
He runs in there, with Woody in hand, and heads straight to his crib.

Moments like this make me so happy.
He is the sweetest boy in the world and I am so lucky to call him mine.
Even though I am having more and more "mom moments" as he gets older and I realize he isn't going to do something for too much longer, I enjoy those moments as much as I possibly can.
Even though they are sad moments, they allow me to really take everything in and cherish the moments

There will come a day when there will be a slightly different variation of bedtime and that is going to be a very, very sad day.
But until then, I am just going to enjoy every single moment I can!














No comments:

Post a Comment