Tuesday, June 24, 2014

IT'S BEEN 6 MONTHS!

Make sure to read my first blog before reading this one! 
Check it out here!

So, back to my post... and brace yourself, It's a long one, but totally worth it I promise :)

JEFF HAS BEEN HOME 6 MONTHS TODAY!
How in the heck did that happen?!
It is unbelievable!

When going through a deployment, the months DRAG and DRAG.
It is an incredible contrast to how these past 6 months have FLOWN BY!

It feels like just yesterday that I was racing down the freeway on my way to get him!
Of course, I was abiding by all the traffic laws.
:)

The thing about Jeff's homecoming is that it was a surprise to almost everyone.
Myself, my parents and very few of my best friends were the only ones who knew about it.
I found out that as long as Jeff was back into the Base where he would be completing his De- Mob
by December 19, He would be home Christmas Eve.

I found this out when I was just slightly intoxicated thanks to my friends who had taken me out to celebrate my birthday that night (Shout out to you beautiful ladies and Gentlemen)
I was sitting on the curb, 
on the phone with one of Jeff's Sergeants' wives 
(who was a critical person in my life at that time of late night texts between wives who became incredible close and dependent on each other. Shout outs to Kim and Janelle for being Rockstars <3 ) 
balling my eyes out outside of The Sandbar.
 I was afraid the bouncer was going to call the Cops. 
I was in hysterics. 
I couldn't believe it. It was finally real!
(We hadn't been given a return date when they left and nothing set in stone the entire deployment).

 I was in all my birthday glory, full on UGLY CRY crying.
And I mean ugly
Black mascara all down my cheeks,
eyelashes sticking together, 
wiping more than one fluid from my face,
UGLY.

After a bit, our good friend Phill came to check on me,
saw me,
freaked a little,
then I told him between sobs that Jeff was coming home and he just sat there and let me cry on his shoulder until I could contain myself.

After I finally pulled myself together, we went inside and I got to talk to Jeff a little later.


I now had 11 days to clean up the apartment, get everything ready for christmas, and
KEEP. MY. MOUTH. SHUT.

I had to keep my mouth shut because we were going to surprise family on Christmas Eve 
after Cooper and I picked him up earlier in the day.

My parents helped me get my apartment ready. They helped me clean that thing from top to bottom! Thanks mom! Thanks dad!
One of my best friends helped me get everything ready the night before Jeff came home.
She helped me:
Clean,
Make signs,
Decorate my car,
and even spent the night to help keep my nerves down! 
(Thanks Sam! You are the best!)

Then it was like Christmas Eve!
 (Pun 100% intended)

I got up 
(This was the only time I have been happy to wake up at 6 AM), 
Got dressed,
Did my hair and makeup,
Got Cooper dressed and ready,
packed his bag
hopped in our SUV
and headed to meet up with Jeff's other Sergeant's wife Janelle on the Freeway so we could drive together.
Janelle and I talked on the phone the entire way there to help keep us calm.
We got to the base, parked, went in and got great seats.


Then, 
As you do with everything in the army, 
you wait...



and wait....




and wait a little more...




until...



































At our wedding we decided to dedicate a song to each other for our wedding presents.
we both chose, "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton.
So my sign said:
"God gave me you for the UPs and downs.
This is definitely and UP"



Kim and Janelle
I couldn't have done it without these women

Surprising Jeff's sister and cousin


Jeff surprising his mom


2 comments:

  1. Well done, Jessie! That was a great day and I was so happy to see you all reunited. I love your pictures! :) I cannot believe it has been six months. It is 3 weeks for us. SO glad to have them all home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice! It is hard to believe! I am so happy you finally got your Hubby back!

      Delete