Tuesday, June 24, 2014

About Me

Pretty much every one today is blogging, so I figured, "Why not me?" 
I love to write and share about my life, so blogging seems to be the perfect option for me!

Although this is obviously extremely public and any one can read it,
 the main purpose of my blog is for me. 

It's for me to keep a record of this wonderful life I am blessed to have.
It's for me to share with my son one day.
It's for me to look back on when I have rough days.
It's for when I need to remind myself how fortunate I am in life.
It's to show my accomplishments and my failures.
With that being said, 
I hope you enjoy this journey with me <3

So here is a little back story on me.
I'm Jessie.
I'm in my early 20s.
I'm fortunate enough to be married to the love of my life.
His name is Jeff.
We met the summer before 8th grade and started dating freshman year of high school.
We got engaged in college and married in our Junior year.

Very shortly after, we became pregnant.
We have been married for 2 years and have a 16 month old son named Cooper.
(I know, I know, I hate when people tell their little one's age in months too, and I hate being one of those moms, but he is just older than 1 but not quite 1 1/2 yet. Don't hate me ;) )
I get the privilege of being a stay at home mama.
Most days I'm in Soffe's and a T-shirt, my hair is up in a messy bun or pony,
and let me tell you,
IT. IS. GLORIOUS.
But the one thing every girl needs is her mascara, so I am rarely without that.
Hence the blog title "Mascara and the Baby Era".
Every day I get to smile and hang out with the most bad a** little guy.
So no complaints here :)

Back to my marriage and the rest of my life.
Part of our first year of marriage and most of our second consisted of long distance during a deployment.
Jeff is a Combat Engineer in the Army National Guard.
 He left for his 3 month Pre-Mob December 26, 2012.
Fortunately, before he was shipped to the second part of the 3 month mobilization he had a
"Going Away Ceremony", which just so happened to be the day I was to be induced.
Thank the Lord for that!
I was able to have my husband by my side when I was in labor (all 36 1/2 hours of it!)
Cooper was born at 12:39 AM January 29, 2013.
We were able to spend the rest of that night/morning and the next day until 4 PM together until he had to catch a flight to meet the rest of his unit at their next training station.
He had a break from that training in the middle of March and we were able to be a family again for 4 days.
Then he was shipped to Afghanistan.
The next time we were able to see each other was a few days before Cooper was 11 Months old.
I will tell you about that day in my next post later today!

Here are a few pictures to introduce us
Jeff and I at Country Thunder this year.

 Cooper and I at his first birthday!

Me, Jeff and Cooper when we saw him in March.


No comments:

Post a Comment