Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Lessons for the twenty-somethings

You learn a lot about yourself, your family, your friends, and about priorities in your twenty-somethings.
You learn what and who is important to you.

You learn about yourself.
I learned a lot about myself when I became a wife, a mother, and an Army wife.
Those lessons will be ones that I cherish for the rest of my life. 
They taught me strength, joy, self-fulfillment, worry, sadness, and truths I wasn't aware of

You learn about family.
I learned a lot about what family truly means.
I have learned to really try to stay connected with them and try to set up times to stop by.
It is something I am still working on, But I have learned the lesson none-the-less.

You learn about friendships.
Friendship is a funny thing. 
Sometimes you meet people on your own, and other times you meet people through spouses.
I have very few close close friends who I talk about anything with and who truly know me.
Those people are the friends that I will have forever and that I will always make time for.
Then there are the friends you meet because you are "dating" someone.
I have known most of Jeff's friends almost the same length of time that he has known them,
I have been so incredibly lucky to be accepted by "his" friends.
I say "his" because at one point they were only "his". 
I was simply Jeff's "girlfriend", "fiance", "wife".

But that is no longer the case.
I now have relationships separate from Jeff with these people.
They were there for me in so many ways while Jeff was deployed and we became close.
I consider these friends some of the best that I have.

You learn about your priorities.
Especially that of spending time with people.
You learn to focus your time and energy enjoying the company of people whom you truly care about.
Sometimes that is easier said than done, with work schedules all being different and other priorities, but you still do your best to ensure that you spend time together.

I am so happy to have learned these lessons.
I am happy for the information they have provided to my life.
I know who and what is important to me now.
Thank you twenty-somethings
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment