Monday, May 4, 2015

30 Years

In a day where people walk away from marriages more often than they stay,
I am so fortunate that my parents stayed together through it all.
Today they celebrate 30 years of marriage.

I have been able to have such a strong example of what true love is growing up.
It had an incredible influence on my life and especially on my own relationship with Jeff.

I have learned how to stand by Jeff in every decision.
How to be supportive.
Yet, also how to stand my ground on things if they are important to me.
I have learned how to be a loving and caring wife,
 And how I deserve to be treated by the man that is my husband.

I know how to be a caring mother,
And what to expect of a caring father for my child.

I know what to hope for, for my future because of them.

30 years of marriage is an incredible accomplishment.
Congratulations Mama and Daddy.
I love you.
Thank you for giving me such an incredible example to look and live up to.

"May the 4th be with you" in the rest of your incredible life together!

<3


On their wedding day

On my wedding day


No comments:

Post a Comment