Friday, August 15, 2014

Hi There... Remember Me?

So, it's been a couple of weeks since I have written.
I apologize to anyone who has been checking in.
I have a few good reasons!

1. WE MOVED INTO OUR NEW HOUSE!!!
Heck yes! 
It has been exactly two weeks since we moved in! Where has the time gone already?
We had some amazing friends and family members come over and help us with our U'haul and our POD.
How everything fit into our little 1300 square foot apartment before this, is beyond me.

The first week we didn't have internet besides our phones, and I wasn't able to post from my phone (reason number one that I haven't posted}.
Then, this week has been a bit of a struggle.
Mama was sick.
There is always the joke that when men get sick, they become children and can't do anything, yet women become Superman.
That some how never seems to be the case with me...
I become immobile.
I go through a complete box of tissues in one day.
DayQuil and NyQuil become my best friends.
I drink a gallon of orange juice.
And it is the only time I ever can drink tea (okay, more like honey water with tea flavoring).
I sit on the couch all day and whine.
and do my best to avoid my husband and son.

In my defense, I did make dinner every single night for Jeff and myself,
as well as packed his lunch box like the good little house wife that I am ;)

I did my best to keep everything clean in the house.
I washed my hands 52 times a day.
I only let Jeff give me kisses on the cheek,
I didn't touch Cooper's face or hands,
Yet all my attempts to keep my disease infested body as far from Jeff and Cooper as possible have failed.

It has spread to the Coopsters.
We now have a germ infested,
crabby,
non-eating,
teething,
one and a half year old.

Joy.

As if a temper tantrum from a one and a half year old wasn't bad enough,
add in the teething,
and the sickness
and you have created a monster.

An almost non-stop crying/whining creature,
snot all over your clothes,
and screaming until they get their 3rd fruit snack pack since they woke up from their nap,
Monster.

Don't get me wrong,
I COMPLETELY understand where he is coming from.
As stated above, I am one of the biggest babies when I am sick.
It kills me to see him like this.
And "this" happens far too often.
last year there was a 3 month period where one week Cooper would be sick and the next I would be, Then we would both be ok for a few days, then the cycle would start again.
PLEASE DEAR LORD BABY JESUS DO NOT LET THAT BE STARTING AGAIN...

Here are some of the not-so-monsterous moments from the past 2 weeks!

He has important phone calls to make.




Target and cups make me happy. I take after my mama.


Exploring the neighborhood every day with daddy.

Hey mom. Just lounging

Why yes that is his lunch on the ground. And that face...

Daddy's hat





No comments:

Post a Comment